Trent Bauer is a senior graduating in May 2018 from Shippensburg University with a BSBA in Business Management. Trent is the LGBTQ+ Student Coordinator for Shippensburg University. He has been involved with everything from athletics to student government. He believes that the solution to hate is education. Trent is so grateful for this wonderful opportunity.
Shippensburg University Pride Center
Get Social with Trent:
You definitely need to check out:
We asked each of our student presenters 5 questions:
1. When you think of the word “social justice”, who’s the first person who comes to mind?
2. What is the book (or books) you’ve given most often as a gift?
“Oh The Places You Will Go” by Dr. Seuss
3. If you could have one gigantic billboard anywhere with anything on it, what would it say?
4. What advice would you give to your younger self? And, please place where you’re at the time, and what you were doing.
I would give the advice to 14 year old me. “Stop caring about what others think, the world doesn’t hate you, and be proud of your sexuality!”
5. How has a failure set you up for later success?
I truly believe that every attempt that ends in failure has made me a stronger person. I am not perfect by any stretch, but I pride myself on learning from my mistakes. That being said, I never let the fear of failure stop me from trying something new.