First things first.
We fondly refer to Richmond as RVA.
People love this city. Because it’s awesome. And Virginia Commonwealth University is in the middle of it all.
What do others say about RVA?
- The No. 3 best place in the world to travel to (Travel + Leisure, 2016)
- One of the top 20 places to start a business (CNBC, 2016)
- One of the top 10 vegan-friendly cities (PETA, 2016)
- A top 10 least-stressed-out city (CNN, 2014)
- A top 10 dining destination for international food travel (National Geographic, 2016)
- One of the 10 best cities to relocate to in the U.S. (Huffington Post, 2015)
RVA is a rising star in the medium sized city environment. It has a burgeoning arts scene, a thriving restaurant industry, and an increasing concentration of start-ups and other entrepreneurial industries. It has been called the Brooklyn of the South. Start exploring!
Eat, Drink and Shop
We boast over 20 miles of forested trails. We’ve also got the only class III & IV urban rapids in the entire country, and you can swim in our mighty James River.
Murals, Murals, Murals
In the last 5 years over 86 murals have popped up all over the city as a result of the Richmond mural project.